Resource Efficiency for Farmers (R4F)
R4F day one is now only available to new applicants in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
R4F Technical advice days are still available across the South West.
Resource Efficiency for Farmers (R4F) – Free professional advice on how best to manage on-farm resources, such as energy, water, air and non-organic wastes (e.g. plastics) more efficiently.
How the R4F Programme Works
- Contact RURAL FOCUS on 08456 047 047 to register your interest or email us
- Select the consultant you would like to work with, if you already have one in mind that's great, if not we can help you to select the right one to suit your individual needs.
- The chosen consultant will visit your site and carry out a resource review.
- The consultant will then produce an action plan for your business with recommendations on how you could improve your resource efficiency.
- It is up to you if and when you wish to implement these actions
Eligibility – Quick Guide
See our R4F case studies to see how farmers have already beneffited from the service:
- Are you a farmer or horticultural business?
- Is your annual turnover more than £20,000?
- If you have answered yes to both of these questions then you are eligible in principle for R4F support
R4F at Boscarn Farm
R4F at Younghouse Farm
RURAL FOCUS' R4F project is just one part of the South West's Agricultural Resource Management Initiative (SWARM).
The SWARM programme also includes:
- Soils for Profit (S4P) – free professional advice on making best use of resources such as soils, manures, nutrients, delivered by Natural England.
- The SWARM Information Hub; a new RDPE funded web information service dedicated to south west farmers and growers. This site will help to show that sustainable agriculture means more profit for the farming community
The SWARM programme is designed to help farmers to manage resources more efficiently, and make their businesses more profitable, resilient and environmentally-friendly, the initiative is funded through the Rural Development Programme for England.
For further information or to take part in any of the SWARM initiatives contact us at RURAL FOCUS on 08456 047 047